THE CLAY STEAMER-trash to treasure

 

Somehow my mom ended up with this little clay pot, with a funky funnel on the inside and she had no idea what it was. I had no idea what it was. So, she was going to throw it in the trash. I google everything, so I started my search with "clay pot with hole on inside" and scrolled through the images. I don't remember what search phrase finally pulled up an exact image but finally I found a link that would tell me what this was!! And what it was I absolutely wanted, in fact I had been planning to purchase a steamer! What luck! I told mom it was a steamer, she was skeptical and sent it my way. Yay me :) If you are lucky enough to get your hands on one of these super cool clay steam pots here's how to use it:
1.Find a pot that fits the base of the clay steamer fits snuggly upon.
2. Fill that pot about 1/2 to 3/4 with water & set on burner on high
3. Place your clay steamer on top & fill with your favorite veggie or items to be steamed
4. steam away!! If you water gets low add more water to the bottom pot **don't boil dry**
5. Take caution when removing the lid and when adding more water. Steam burns!! That's experience talking, ouch! Use hot pads to move & place the steamer on a hot pad to serve.
6. Simply clean with water, I never use soap on my stoneware so I don't with this clay pot either.  I just swish water around & it's clean.
It's super-dooper simple to use and steams your veggies up just perfectly. It also looks pretty on the table to serve up the grub. Thanks mom :)
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment: