SUPER EASY PIZZA/CALZONE CRUST


DELICIOUS AND EASY PIZZA/CALZONE CRUST

it's not perfect I know. It's my first attempt & many lessons learned (like, roll the dough under those cheese sticks & see if that keeps my cheese in place). But when it's topped & all done it's delish!

You'll need two batches of this, one for the calzones & one for the pizza

2 1/2 to 3 cups flour (can use a combination of white and whole wheat if you prefer)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) yeast
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 cup very warm water

Combine yeast, sugar, 1 cup of the flour, and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm water and oil and mix. Stir in remaining flour slowly until dough is soft but not sticky. Knead until smooth. Let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes before making the calzone.
I made this pizza crust in my bread machine, set on the dough cycle which takes 1 1/2 hour. I put the ingredients in this order:
water & oil
flour
sugar & salt
use the back of my table spoon to make an indent in the top center & pour my yeast in there

Options: put a couple of teaspoons of italian seasoning or parmesean cheese in with the sugar & salt. 

Once finished on the dough cycle I floured my counter, dumped out my dough and used my rolling pen to roll out the dough for my baking sheet, rolling a little excess so I could roll the dough around my cheese sticks. 
I placed mozzarella cheese sticks end to end along the edges, flopped the excess dough on top, doing my best to tuck & squish the edges closed (I failed, the cheese oozed out, so what). I then poured a little olive oil in a small bowl & tossed in a bit of italian seasoning & brushed this all over my crust, the edges, the center, EVERY WHERE. And I stabbed the bottom of the crust with a fork a few times to prevent bubbling in the bottom.
I cooked on 375* for about 25-30 minutes. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment